Carmelite Monastery Visit
The Office of Vocations would like to invite all women in grades 11 and 12 in High School and young adult women ages 18 to 35, who are open to the possibility of a religious vocation to spend the afternoon with the Discalced Carmelite Nuns. Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 10am to 1pm. If you wish to ride together, meet at the downtown Chancery parking lot for 8:30am departure and 2:30pm return.
The Discalced Carmelite Nuns are a small community of contemplative women whose lives are dedicated to prayer for the Church and for all people. They live in a wooded area 30 miles north of Houston at 1100 Parthenon Place in New Caney, Texas.
As a young woman you will have the opportunity to join the Carmelites for questions and answers, experience midday prayer with them in their chapel, followed by lunch and conversation.
RSVP is required.
For details about this event and to RSVP, please contact Sr. Anita Brenek, CDP at the Office of Vocations at (713) 652-8236 or email@example.com. Space is limited and reservations are required. Important: Parental permission required for those under 18. To pre-register, please fill out form to the right hand side of the monitor. Registration Form is available below.
For more information about the New Caney Carmelites, visit www.icansurf.com/ocdnewcaney
- Download "Carmelite Monastery Visit" Flyer here (102)
- Download "Carmelite Monastery Visit" Poster here (72)
- Download "Carmelite Monastery Visit" Postcards here (65)
- Download "Carmelite Monastery Visit 2013 Registration Form" here (80)
- Download "Parental/Guardian Consent Form, Liability Waiver, Video/Photography Consent, and Medical Consent" Forms here (125)
- Archdiocesan Transportation Policy (349)
- "Transportation Policy" addendum here (123)